Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Monday, March 24, 2008

HURRICANE KATRINA -- THANK YOU

I have noticed a lot of ads for Donating for Gulf Hurricane Victims and I appreciate it alot. I just want say a thank you for all the people and organizations that came to the Gulf Coast to help after Hurricane Katrina. I live on the Gulf Coast and was here during the Hurricane. Even after all this time we are still having problems with housing shortages. The cost of rentals have skyrocketed and people just can not afford to pay over 1000.00 a month to rent a place that is decent to live in. I was blessed that I did not sustain a lot of damage from the hurricane.

I was watching the news last night and they were saying that there was alot of people having what they call Survivor Depression. People that did not sustain a lot damage themselves but was depressed over the fact that so many people lost everything and they did not. I do not have that as I am an optimistic type of person.

I am a native of the Gulf Coast and I have gone through hurricanes before but not one as strong as what Katrina was. Will I stay here if another hurricane comes through? Probably but who knows. To me the worst thing was after the storm. The lack of power -- no lights or air and it was hot too, or not being able to get a hot bath. Not being able to cook which I didn't mind that but those MRe's were terrible ( my mother liked them ). We were without power for a week. Gas and being able to get any was a nightmare. We had power trucks from different states come and help to get power back on. There are still people coming and helping to rebuild and I applaud them. We are coming back better and stronger than ever. The feeling of togetherness as people work together helping each other is just amazing.

I just want to say thank you, thank you, thank you for all the help and prayers that was given us.

This Woman's Blog

No comments: