Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

LETTERS TO MY GRANDSON ZACHARY ALEXANDER

This is for grandparents who for one reason or another don't get to see their grandchildren. I have a grandson that I have not seen since he was 6 months old. He is now 15 months old.

I know to a lot of people that may not seem like a long time but for me it feels like forever. When you love your grandchild so much and don't get to see them it tears your heart out.

Anyhow I was talking to a work colleague about this and she was telling me that she also has a grandchild that she does not get to see. She preceded to tell me that she writes letters to her grandchild telling him all kinds of things and she has a box that she puts all his birthday and christmas gifts in so that one day when he comes looking for them she can give it to him.

I liked the idea so I started to write letters for my grandson. I want him to know that we love him, his father loves him and that we always think about him.

I wanted to share this because I know that there are a lot of grandparents that do not get to see their grandchildren. This gives something constructive to do because one day that grandchild is going to want to know about his or her grandparents and this lets them know that are loved and it wasn't your idea not to see them.

In my case my son does not get to see his son because his wife left and took his son with her and will not tell anyone where she is at. They have not divorced yet and so that makes it hard legally to do anything about it yet.

Every now and then she calls wanting money for Zachary but she won't tell him where she is at. He tells her that when he know where Zachary is at and gets to see him then he will give her money. I mean you can't give somebody money if you don't know where to take it to.

These letters are also for Zachary to know that his father loves him very much also.

I hope everyone with grandchildren gets to be reunited with them soon.
They are ours just as much as they are their parents.

Ladyhawkcj

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so heartbreaking.

I tell you, a lot of these laws dealing with children need to be changed because there is no reason a father shouldn't be able to see his child.

My heart goes out to you and your family and I hope you get to see your grandson soon. I think writing letters is a perfect idea because it shows him that you never forgot or gave up on him.

Rene Perez said...

When I was young I had the best grandparents in the world. They loved me and I knew it. Of course, I was allowed to spend summers with them. My kids' grandparents hardly see them. My dad lives about 4 hours away and my husband's parents are closer but have other things to do apparently. It has bothered me that they don't have real grandparents. My point is, I think this is a wonderful idea. It means so much to me to know that there are grandparents out there who would be like the ones I had. My prayers are with you that this will be resolved and you can be in Zachary's life. I am so sorry you are going through this. It's not fair..especially when you WANT to see him. {{{{HUGS}}}} May God bless you and your grandson.